The Definitive Guide to Uber’s Rating System
Since its inception, Uber has used an embedded ‘rating system’ – for drivers and passengers.
Ratings exist to foster a mutual respect and appreciation between drivers and riders and are highly encouraged by the Uber team. The rating system can benefit bother driver and riders. After every trip, Uber gives riders and drivers the opportunity to rate one another, choosing from 1 (a terrible ride experience) to 5 (an excellent ride experience) stars based on their overall trip experience. A driver’s or rider’s rating is an average and can increase or decrease based on the number of high or low ratings they receive. A driver’s rating can be seen by a rider next to the driver’s picture, car make and model and license plate number after the driver has accepted their request. Currently, drivers are unable to see a rider’s rating but Uber is exploring this technology for future versions of the app.
Ratings can also be given as written feedback. If a rider has an amazing experience with a driver, they can submit a written comment that the driver can read. It is important to know that all ratings and feedback are anonymous, so riders and drivers are protected in that way. Uber urges both riders and drivers to provide respectful and constructive feedback, which everybody can benefit from, rather than negative feedback. Rider and driver ratings are never tied to specific trips or people.
Uber consistently reviews all ratings and feedback in order to keep the Uber community safe and respectful. Negative ratings may mean a contract termination for drivers and severely disrespectful and/or violent rider may mean that they are unable to use Uber services any longer.
How To Be a 5-Star Rating Uber Passenger
Here is a simple list created by Uber employees on how to be a 5-star rating rider. Follow these steps and you will most likely get 5 stars as a rider.
1. Make sure you set your location accurately. Doing so means either manually entering in your pickup and destination location addresses or making sure your drop pin is accurate. This action ensures that you arrive safely to your location and reduces the stress of the driver.
2. Make sure the number of passengers does not exceed the number of seat belts in the car.
3. Treat your Uber drive and their vehicle with care and respect.
4. Be punctual. Drivers appreciate when riders are ready to go when they arrive.
How To Be A 5-Star Rating Driver With Uber
Similarly, there are steps to take to secure a higher rating with passengers. Follow these steps to increase your chances as an Uber driver to receive a high rating:
1. Drive safely and obey all traffic and road laws – this one is a given!
2. Be respectful of your riders.
3. Keep your car clean.
4. Respect your rider’s time by taking the quickest way to their destination.
5. Add in bonuses. Riders love when their drivers provide them with chewing gum, phone chargers or the AUX cable to play their own music.
Uber provides more information regarding the rating system on their website. Questions and general feedback can be directed to their support page.
—If you drive with Uber you earn Money weekly as an independent professional Uber Driver, or Lyft operator. Ride-share drivers earn quick cash by simply helping riders around a community that their most likely already in. Uber requirements focuses on rideshare drivers 100, SIGN UP HERE ON UBER to drive with Uber and get the highest cash bonus available.