Uber Pittsburgh is the dominant rideshare provider in Pittsburgh, and the company offers two main services in the city:
1. UberX (a low-cost option which seats up to four passengers)
2. UberXL (a low-cost ride which seats up to six passengers)
The current rates for Pittsburgh services are as follows:
Base Fare: $1.30
Per Minute: $0.15
Per Mile: $1.05
Cancellation Fee: $5
Service Fee: $1.45
Base Fare: $2.50
Per Minute: $0.35
Per Mile: $1.55
Cancellation Fee: $7
Service Fee: $1.60
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid PA driver’s license (*official and temporary licenses are both valid in Pennsylvania. Also, licenses can be from ANY state).
- Drivers must pass a full state & federal screening
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
UberX/XL Vehicle Requirements:
- Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2001 or newer.
- You must have a clean title (no salvage titles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be In excellent condition (cosmetically, as well as mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a former taxi vehicle or a full-sized van.
- All of the points listed above apply equally to XL.
- All XL vehicles must seat the driver AND at least 6 additional passengers
- UberX/XL document requirements:
- All drivers must provide these documents for their account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Insurance (vehicular insurance must list a vehicle & driver’s name directly on the policy document itself)
- Must be valid (expired licenses are not permitted). Your license must show your name, license number, issue date, date of birth, expiration date, and your address – as well as clearly showing your picture.
- Your registration document has to show your VIN (which must match your insurance), as well as the make & model of your vehicle, model year, license plate number, and expiration date.
- Your insurance documents must clearly show your VIN (which has to match your registration), as well as the make & model of your vehicle, the model year, the license plate number, and expiration date. YOUR name just be the listed named under ‘insured driver’.
You must take your vehicle to an approved inspection site, where you can have your vehicle undergo a 19-point inspection for a low fee (usually less than $60).
Inspection Sites in the Pittsburgh Area:
- Pep Boys 936 South Millvale Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 4125780478
- Pep Boys 4751 Mcknight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 4123697650
- Pep Boys 390 Clairton Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15236 4126555636
- Pep Boys 5133 Route 30 East, Greensburg, PA 1560 7248509966
- Pep Boys 3475 William Penn Hwy, Pittsburgh, PA 15235 4128295119
- Pep Boys 5055 Library Rd, Bethel Park, PA 15102 4128510700
- Pep Boys 20229 Rt 19, Cranberry Township, PA 16066 7247794400
- Pep Boys 6581 Steubenville Pike, Crafton, PA 15205 4127884455
- Pep Boys 3625 Library Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15234 4128854318
- Pep Boys 4966 William Flyn Hwy, Allison Park, PA 15101 7244432600
- Pep Boys 190 Murtland Ave, Washington, PA 15301 7242224076