Interested in becoming an Uber driver? Here’s what you need to know to do the Uber Driver Sign Up.
Uber drivers are independent, part-time workers, who usually do not possess commercial licenses, and often have no long term experience in the transportation industry. Uber was launched in 2010 in San Francisco, California and has since grown into the biggest ride-hailing company in the world. Uber Driver Sign Up is easy as ever.
What Drivers Like about Uber:
- Drivers can receive up to $1000* as an initial sign up bonus.
- Flexible hours (you decide WHEN you want to drive).
- Very Wide spread: you can drive for Uber in over 500 cities worldwide
- Very frequent ride requests in most urban areas
- Drive as little or as much as you want
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Easy application process
*See Uber’s terms
What Drivers Don’t Like about Uber: Uber Driver Sign Up
- No tipping possible in Uber app (only cash tips possible)
- Contacting Uber support can be challenging
- Uber support
Need to know:
- Drivers have to be 21 or older to drive for Uber
- Applicants need to pass an automated background check
- Vehicle needs to have in-state license plates
- Need to pass vehicle inspection
- Vehicle needs to meet certain standards (make sure to check if your vehicle qualifies)
- + very flexible hours, you drive as much as as little as you want
- + available in over 500 cities worldwide
- + frequent ride requests in most urban areas
- + easy application process, no in-person interview or session
- – no in-app tipping possible
- – Uber support can de difficult to reach