UBER DENVER There are five main uber driver services offered in Denver, Colorado:
Denver is not just all about the Broncos, its about Uber Denver
1. UberX (a low-cost option which seats up to four passengers. UberX is the most widespread and basic option in Uber’s portfolio of services)
2. UberXL (a low-cost ride which seats up to six passengers)
3. UberBLACK (a premium option which seats up to four passengers, and utilizes high-end black cars with all-black interiors)
4. UberSUV (a premium SUV option which seats up to six passengers)
5. UberSELECT (a similar service to UberBLACK — however, SELECT vehicles do not have to be black. SELECT is a more upscale service than UberX, but is still a cheaper option than BLACK. SELECT vehicles seat up to four passengers).
The current rates for Denver are as follows: UberX Base Fare: $0.75 Per Minute: $0.13 Per Mile: $1 Cancellation Fee: $5 Service Fee: $1.95 UberXL Base Fare: $3 Per Minute: $0.30 Per Mile: $1.85 Cancellation Fee: $5 Service Fee: $1.95 UberBLACK Base Fare: $7 Per Min: $0.35 Per Mile: $3.20 Cancellation Fee: $10 Service Fee: $0 UberSUV Base Fare: $14 Per Minute: $0.40 Per Mile: $3.75 Cancellation Fee: $10 Service Fee: $0 UberSELECT Base Fare: $4 Per Minute: $0.25 Per Mile: $2 Cancellation Fee: $5 Service Fee: $1.95
- All driver applicants must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Drivers must pass a full state & federal screening
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
UberX/XL Vehicle Requirements:
- Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2001 or newer (*15 years or less, counting from the current year.)
- You must have a clean title (no salvage vehicles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be in excellent condition (cosmetically & mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a former taxi vehicle, or large van.
- All of the points listed above apply equally to XL.
- All XL vehicles must seat the driver AND at least 6 additional passengers
UberX/XL document requirements for Uber Denver: All Uber drivers must provide these documents for their Uber account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Insurance (vehicular insurance must list a vehicle & driver’s name directly on the policy document itself)
Driver’s License: Vehicle Registration: Insurance: Medical Forms: After an initial partner screening (criminal background, etc), partners can receive a medical check at Uber’s Denver Greenlight Center. Medical check hours are: 9.00 AM – 5 PM Mon – Fri (no appointments – checks are administered on a first-come first-served basis). Prior to being eligible for a medical exam, prospective drivers must demonstrate that they have successfully received notice (via email) from Checkr (Uber’s third-party screening and background-check supplier), indicating that they have passed the mandatory screening. A hold of $50 will be taken out of a prospective driver’s payment stub for the medical exam. If they wish, new drivers can instead bring a TNC Driver – Medical Certification Packet to a certified medical professional. Acceptable medical professionals include: physician assistant; clinical nurse specialist (supervised by a licensed physician); nurse practitioner; doctor of osteopathy; or a doctor of medicine. –
Vehicle Inspection forms: New drivers must take their vehicles to an inspection site, and pass a standard 19-point inspection. This inspection certificate lasts one year. Vehicle Inspection: You can get your vehicle inspected for $15.00 at: the Uber Denver Greenlight hub. Hours are: Monday to Friday, 9.00AM to 5:30PM. Alternatively, prospective drivers can have their vehicles inspected at one of the locations listed here. (*Note: Uber also has a special arrangement with Jiffy Lube in Denver, where inspections cost only $12.99). Use a copy of this form when completing your inspection. —
Official Uber Denver Help Centers: For more information and direct help, visit one of the local Denver locations listed below: *Note: bring your personal vehicle, driver’s license, vehicle registration, insurance, and banking info (banking information is needed to set-up a direct deposit with Uber, for inbound payments).