Uber App 2017- The Ultimate Guide for Uber Drivers
Since its initial release, the Uber app has certainly evolved. Now we have the Uber App 2017.
At first, the app was effectively used for one thing, and one thing only: to find & accept rides (i.e. remotely locate nearby drivers) and process final payments.
Today, circa 2017, Uber’s App has expanded into a veritable portal of information & functions. Now, the App not only allows riders to access basic account information, but also offers a range of new valuable passenger-resources which may be useful for users who are actively on-the-road.
Uber App Features — Here’s What You Need to Know
Although the Uber App may seem straightforward most of the time, life isn’t. You may run into fare issues, have questions about your pay, or any other aspects of your everyday role as an Uber driver. In that sense, you’ll want to know the Uber App in its totality — i.e., inside and out.
Here’s the Uber app explained — let’s break it down.
For drivers – take advantage of surge areas
Using your map, you can explore real-time surge activity to increase your earnings. On your home screen map, you will see where you are — and where surge areas are. One disadvantage of this is, you cannot see other drivers. Meaning, you may drive into a crowded area. To support your efforts, download the Uber Passenger App — allowing you to see some of the other drivers nearest to you.
When you press the ‘ go online’ toggle button, you will do just that — go online. You’ll press this when you’re ready to receive requests and begin driving. If you are receiving an ‘error’ message, it could mean that your account has been deactivated. In that case, you’ll need to submit a question within the help center.
The latest news and info
Uber’s announcement blog will also be found on the home screen, allowing you to better understand the most current information and up-to-date promotions. If you’re in-between rides, it doesn’t hurt to review this information so that you’re better prepared.
You will also see an area that shares announcements regarding the latest promotions — such as one-time bonuses for working certain days or times. Although this is a great place to look, it’s not always a comprehensive list. That is why it’s recommended that all drivers actively check all app messages and Uber-related emails.
The destination filter feature can help you set a specific destination, only accepting ride requests when you’re heading in that general direction. After all, this makes the most sense in terms of your earnings. You can access this by pressing on the checklist icon, located in the upper-left hand corner of the home screen.
Please note: You can ONLY use this feature twice in one day, so use it wisely. Most drivers will use it during their commute period, as they head in and out of that day’s shift. As they’re on their way to work, or as they head home, they can then get paid rides during this period.
Although you may enjoy what you do, we all work for one main reason — to make money. When you’re working hard, you’ll want to keep tabs on your earnings to make sure everything is accurate. Once you tab the earnings tab, you will see how much you’ve earned each day of the week. This information is displayed in a bar graph — making it easier to view.
Better yet, when you tap on each bar, you’ll see your earnings — and when clicking on each day’s value, you will see the breakdown of those earnings. Lastly, based on your schedule and earnings, you will see an estimated payout for the week, displayed at the bottom of the graph.
To maximize your earnings, you’ll also want to pay attention to any special announcements or promotions. This will be found under the earnings tab, showcasing bonuses and promotion-related news. If you want to stay on-top of these active promotions, continually check your app messages and Uber emails. Some other payment related features include:
- Trip history — This is helpful when you want to view recent trips and their associated earnings. You’ll also want to check-in to your history to ensure that no issues have occurred with individual rides. To report an issue: Tap on the ride in question, then press the ‘Help’ button.
- Statements — This will show a list of your payment statements. You can view this information in greater detail, including the promotions earned, earnings per day, etc. Once again, if you think something is wrong, click Earnings Help → Payment Review Request → My total payout is wrong.
Your rating is very important, as you will need to maintain a 4.6 star rating in order to continue driving with Uber. Within this tab, you will see the number of 5-star ratings you have achieved, as well as the following three stats:
- Current rating — This is based on your 500 most recent rides.
- Acceptance rating — This is calculated based on ride requests accepted/ ride requests received. Although you can get a warning for a low acceptance rate, you will not get deactivated.
- Trips canceled — If you cancel too many rides, however, you can get deactivated.
You will also be able to view:
- Ride compliments — Comments from your riders.
- Driving rewards — These generally come in the form of small discounts, which can be used on third-party services. From H&R Block to Jiffy Lube, these services directly benefit Uber drivers.
- Rider feedback — If a rider leaves a comment regarding issues such as navigation or safety, this is where you will see related feedback. Pay attention to these issues in order to improve your rating.
- Pro Tips — You will be able to find informative articles here, including topics on how rating work and how surge works.
As you might expect,uber app 2017 this will cover all topics related to your personal profile, your vehicle, payment methods, etc. If you do need to change any information, it’s best to do so on a PC — just makes editing easier. You will find the following under this tab:
- Help — Whatever the issue may be, you will find an article to answer your questions. You can also access support messages, accessibility, payment issues, etc.
- Waybill — This offers detailed information about your last trip, as well as insurance info for uber app 2017.
- Payment —Enter new account info. If you want to edit pre-existing information, head over to vault.uber.com.
- Documents — This will show you what documents are active. You can also upload new documents.
- Settings — Manage your uber app 2017 settings related to contact, affiliations, navigation, and accessibility.
- Music — This section offers optional features, including personalized music through the Pandora app.
Sign up to drive with Uber for a cash bonus!